Abba - Waterloo - 1974

Mozart, Beethoven, Wagner, Bach...and I suppose Pink too.

Abba - Waterloo - 1974

Postby Roland Bru » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:52 am

Bjorn: "Benny, let's try to come up with something relevant for this years' Eurovision Song contest"
Benny: "Such as?"
Bj: "Something that means something to all Europeans, that sort of binds us all together, inspires..." (trails off)
B: "Such as?"
Bj: "Well, you know, not just catchy as hell and funny as well, but you know, alluding to the European ideal..."
B: "A common Europe?"
Bj: "Experiences of tha last 40 years may be tricky, with Hitler and Brussels Eurocrats and the like, but if we go down further in History..."
B: "The Romans?"
Bj: "Well, not that far back in time, I mean, who knows or cares? But didn't the French revolution suggest some universal values?"
B: "I catch your drift. From there we could conquer Europe and the rest of the world with our well written, superbly arranged, professionally produced pop music and make a lot of money. And to top it off, we could ask our wives to sing it. They're just sexier than we are and will have universal appeal!"
Bj: "Well I don't know about that... I mean, I want to sing some songs too"
B: "Well who knows, except your mother, that you can sing? Give it a try some time in the future".
Roland Bru

Return to Music