Logging in

For things that are just plane wrong with the site.

Logging in

Postby sarabob » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:45 pm

I have great difficulty in logging in.

I think it's down to the main page being cached - the browser saves the non-logged in page and then shows it all the time, even after I've logged in. The login textbox is difficult to click in (using Opera) - only about the bottom 10 vertical pixels of it seem to count as text. Ditto for the submit button.

Once logged in, I am redirected to xxx.php?, which by dint of being a different url doesn't use the cached version and I see myself logged in. However, if ever I follow a link back to the homepage (eg clicking on the logo at the top left on a results page), I get the original, non-logged-in homepage (from the browser cache)

Unfortunately fixing this is non-trivial and forces you to think about all aspects of caching: client side vs server side, fragment caching etc etc etc. Sorry.
sarabob

Re: Logging in

Postby Darkflame » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:07 am

Yes, I'm going to have to think on this one.

For the moment I have put some meta tags to stop caching on the homepage, seeing as its fairly light this shouldn't be a problem I hope.
This isn't a cross-site fix though, as the login box is on all pages, and I naturally don't want to stop caching across the whole site, (that would be madness).
Darkflame
Site Admin

Postby Yakoloki » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:23 am

I would bring this information to introduce more people to recognize.
Yakoloki

Postby Poetying » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:27 am

I have to tell anyone about what I know.
Poetying

Postby Hentojai » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:57 am

Did you know that I know a lot more.
Hentojai

Return to Bugs,Errors and Problems